Popular Posts

Translate

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Room to Grow

     Hi all! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I am still watching a lot of Buffy and Angel in my spare time. 

     I've been getting a lot of questions for specifics on how I came to love my body. First of all, I want to be completely honest and say I am not there yet. I have come leaps and bounds from how I viewed myself as a teen, and even from a year ago.

     It is a challenge that I feel will never miraculously disappear. I say affirmations, I read, I educate myself on what is healthy. Do I eat perfect everyday? No! I exercise on a regular basis until I don't. I eat well until I don't. 

     One of the things that has helped me get to a healthy mindset is to every morning, when I look in the mirror, I choose to notice 5 things that I like/love about myself. You can choose to do this out loud, or inside your head. I also have mentioned putting a list on the mirror of things I have accomplished, character traits, as well as physical things that I appreciate about myself. I was not making that up, people! I add 1 or 2 things to that list a week. 

     I also am a lot more assertive. If someone calls someone else fat, or even points anything in particular out about someone else in a negative way, I call them on it. Everyone has insecurities, and none of us know everyone's stories and struggles. Work on seeing people, not flaws.

     Again, I am so not perfect at this. I still point out little things that probably no one else even notices, but I have gotten really good at pointing out something wonderful about myself every time I catch myself dwelling on what I perceive to be a flaw.

     I would love to continue hearing from all of you. Please "Like" me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeidiMyWorld?ref=hl Follow me on twitter: @heidimyworld, comment and share.

     Also, I am on day 6 of my 30 Day Word Challenge. Who's doing it too? My word of the day is: "Falcate" which is an adjective that means curved like a scythe or sickle; hooked; falciform



No comments:

Post a Comment