Popular Posts

Translate

Thursday, June 27, 2013

LeakyCon! I'm finally here!

     Hello from Portland LeakyCon! Today has been an absolute blast. We rode the train and ate Harry Potter treats, enjoyed people watching and the fact that EVERYONE is nice to everyone.

     I've discovered Butter Beer and all its glory. I can't get enough of it, it is amazing and awesomely delicious. I bought a few posters and albums to be signed tomorrow. The real fun begins in the morning, as I will enter the convention center as AVPM Draco Malfoy and will stay in character until midnight or so. 

     I really was inspired by the overall message of the evening: be yourself, and we will accept you, and you will have more fun. Yes! I love that!

     I adore the movie Rent, and I adore Anthony Rapp even more so, and to hear him do what he does best gave me chills and feels. I am also very glad that I have watched so much Buffy, because I would have been totally lost with all the references being made.

     I had no idea that this gem existed. People are brought together by the love of something in common. I didn't know that artists write serious songs about fictitious characters that bring an entire audience to tears. It has been an emotional and beautiful day.

     I am already planning for next year, which will be held in Orlando (which just happens to be on my "do before 30" list with my husband). Today has reaffirmed my mantra "Do what you want, and be who you are" and that is a beautiful thing.

     More to come.


Here I am in my Draco Malfoy cosplay. I found Snape! We're showing off my AVPM inspired Dark Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment