Popular Posts

Translate

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I want Hermione Granger and a rocketship...

     Hi everyone! With LeakyCon just 2 days away, I am getting very anxious, and all of my writing abilities seem to be flying out the door at rapid speed! I'm so sorry that it took me all day until now to be writing. I can't wait to show you all pictures of my Portland adventures this weekend.

     I am also super nervous about tomorrow's vlog, because it's going to be the longest one I've made so far. I don't know why, but I am still very camera shy.

     Good news! I am almost done with my corporate training program, which allows me to help businesses write a dress code and present it company wide, as well as working with individuals looking to be promoted within their company, looking to be hired, or want a more overall professional image. I was highly hesitant about this position, but I have been assured by just about everyone I know that I will be good at it. So many learning curves going on this year!

     I really can't believe I'm not done with Buffy yet. I have 14 episodes to go, and I need to be done by tomorrow night. I will let you know how that goes!

     My goal for the weekend is to meet Lauren Lopez from AVPM and get an autograph. If you have not seen A Very Potter Musical, I am begging you to stop what you are doing and watch it on youtube. I promise it's worth it just for Snape and Draco Malfoy. LeakyCon is making me a little crazier than usual.

     Okay, back to business. I forgot to share a word yesterday, so I am providing that one with today's word. 
1. Quacksalver/KWAK-sal-ver/ noun
     a) A charlatan
     b) A quack doctor

2. Megalomania/meg-uh-lo-MAY-nee-ah/ noun
     a) A mania for grandiose or extravagant things or actions.
     b) A mental disorder characterized by delusions of    
     grandeur. 
I have been known to exhibit the latter...

     Well, I suppose things will get back on track next week. I will attempt to share pictures throughout my weekend via facebook (facebook.com/heidimyworld) and keep my scheduled time for Thursday. I'll blog from the train!



https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=PAXamo-7saPZhM&tbnid=6PZINXHZWhKKCM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fa%2520very%2520potter%2520musical%2520gif&ei=3nvKUfWFFYf-iQKju4GIDA&bvm=bv.48340889,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNHv2SkXSe3_95oOlHwZAUA6T039vw&ust=1372310866603133

No comments:

Post a Comment