Popular Posts

Translate

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

No Longer Under Wraps

     Hi everyone! So sorry about my Friday blog and Thursday video. I was so sick, and still am. I will hopefully be back on track this week.

     I think Summer is officially over here in the Pacific NW. Our dreary days have begun, and it started getting dark at 6pm today.

      Due to me being ill, of course I was not able to do the Fall shopping I had planned on for my Friday blog, so I have a completely different topic.

     I had told you all several weeks back that I had some surprise projects that I couldn't talk about just yet, but now that they are solidified, I can!

     I joined a public speaking organization by the name of Toastmasters. I was affiliated with them many moons ago through 4-H, but never really did anything with it. Now that my Image Consulting is doing well, I will be speaking at some local Battered Women's Shelters on the topic of overall image, first impressions and self esteem. I am really excited and passionate about this and can't wait to get started. This is still 2 or 3 months away, but the process has begun and I am ecstatic! 

     I will have my first speech in a few of weeks, and was hoping you all could help me out with what topics you think I should cover? I have a 4-6 minutes time guideline/limit. 

     Though I am not new to public speaking, there has been about an 8 year gap since the last time I spoke. I am fairly certain I can do a good job, I just get very emotional when I am excited or nervous. A few months of speaking in a small group should definitely help with all of that, and I can't wait to tell you how the first speech goes.

     So I will leave you now with an embarrassing picture of me doing a Public Presentation for 4-H when I was 12 on the subject of Endangered Species.

No comments:

Post a Comment