Popular Posts

Translate

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Moving Sucks

     Well I dropped the ball again (are you surprised?) about my Friday blog. I spaced it. I wasn't joking when I said I was unorganized.

     I had something I wanted to talk about, but there are other things pressing on my heart right now. This week has been tough. My brother is in the military, and we have been fortunate to be living within a half hour of each other for the past several years. Most people get transferred after 3 years, and they have been here 6 (ish?) years. 

     My husband's sister is my brother's wife. We are double connected. We get along with our siblings, and have grown very close to their 5 kids over the course of them living in Washington. They just left for Ohio. This morning. 

     I wish I could say something profound about how great it is to be impacted by others so significantly and how much it burns when those people are no longer readily accessible in your life, but I can't. All I can muster is that it hurts. Their youngest won't even remember the memories we made with him, and he will remember very little of us. I'm not sure when we can visit or how often. 

     The tears haven't begun yet. I told my husband that it will truly sink in that they are gone next weekend when we have nothing to do, and for a brief moment contemplate sending a text saying, "You guys up for company?" and it will hit me and then I will crumble into an emotional hot mess on the floor. I will cry ugly tears. There will be heaving, and every little thing that happens in my life will result in a "good cry". I imagine this will last anywhere between a week to a month.

     It has meant so much over the last several years to have a couple who share similar interests. Someone who you can speak to in confidence and fully trust. Someone who you can have an open discussion and disagreement on something and still have a relationship with that person the next day. 

     My sister in-law is the person responsible for me being in the field I am in. Had she not suggested me be an Image Consultant, it never would have happened. I wish I could explain the kind of relationship/friendship that has formed between the two of us in a few words. We have shared laughs, stories, books, articles, memories. 

     I know that they haven't died and that I will still see these people again someday, it is just very overwhelming to not know when or how often. They will be terribly missed in our day to day lives. I wish them and my nephews and niece all of the best wishes and pray that the distance is short lived.

     It is very freeing to have friends in your sphere who see your every day life, who you are as a person, flaws and all, and embrace everything that is you. I wish that kind of friendship upon all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment