Popular Posts

Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Image

     Hello all! I hope you're having an awesome week. Things are finally on track, and this is all feeling a lot more doable. I'm getting awesome ideas and feedback from all of you and I appreciate that so much. I may end up possibly changing my routine to 2 vlogs a week because of all the interest, so if I can't fit it all in, I will add an extra day.

     As you all know, I am an Image Consultant. Well, what is "Image"? Image, to me, is how others view you, and most importantly, how you view yourself. Image is so broad, that under its umbrella, you will find speech, appearance, and demeanor to name a few.

     Image includes how well you carry yourself and your education. When you speak well, others think more highly of you and your abilities. This is especially important in the corporate world. Employers take notice to things like posture, vocabulary, your attire, and confidence even if that impression is subconscious.

     Unfortunately, society and media have somehow managed to twist the somewhat universal idea of image into physical beauty, and if you have none by society's standards, you are less valued. At a Ladies Tea a couple of months back, we had to do an exercise, where we wrote down the top 5 things we loved about ourselves, the top 5 things we admired in other people. There was not one lady there who had named anything physical about those whom they admire. 

     Think of the values, characteristics that you most admire in others, and strive for those things, not whether or not you can fit into this size or wear that dress. You are valuable. You are loved and admired. Someone thinks the world of you and loves you for exactly who you are. So carry yourself with a sense of pride. Pride is often looked upon as arrogance, but you need a tinge in order to find your confidence.

     I suppose I am typing all of this because this week in particular has been filled with one little pet peeve I have. Whether it is being said to me, or to someone else in earshot of me; "Yeah but you have skinny legs", "But you have an amazing bone structure, I could never pull that off", "Yeah, but you're so small and everyone thinks you're cute". Blech! Women, you can compliment others and not put yourself down in the process. We are different shapes and sizes. Embrace that and move on. 98% of women are not super models.


     This week I will be giving away some free product if I can get 150 "Likes" on my Facebook page. Facebook.com/heidimyworld so please like and share. Once my goals reached, I will select 10 people at random to receive free Artistry products.

     I love you all just the way you are.




     Here I am with my husband in Walla Walla for some summer fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment