Popular Posts

Translate

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Update

     Hello all, as you may recall, I encouraged/challenged you to make a list of the things you really like about yourself and the things you do well. This is your chance to tell me how many of you actually did it, is planning to, have started the process and how you're doing.

     This is not just a one time list, by the way. I added to my list for a whole year. If you learn something new, add it! If someone compliments you on something, go ahead and add it! It is time for you to start feeling better about yourself. Unfortunately that task falls solely upon your shoulders. No one can motivate you like you can. Find it within yourself to acknowledge that you are worthy.

     I understand that not everyone is religious. I respect that. Hear my heart on this, because I don't preach at people, so if this isn't your belief feel free to ignore this part. This is who I am, so I cannot help but share my personal view. I believe we were all created for greatness. Maybe for some this means being a great mom, to others it may be something like motivational speaker, and so on.

      When we get wrapped up in what others think of us, or even focused on the things just going on in our own lives, it silently takes a toll on our self image. Being insecure, is actually a picture of selfishness. Please don't think I'm judging. Like I've said before, I have felt the exact same way, and do periodically and have to re-focus. When all you can think about is how others perceive you and what if I said or did that wrong, it leaves no room for others. For instance; someone could be really hurting inside and can't find the words to say it, and had I not been so inward thinking, I might have noticed and been able to help.

     I believe that we are all God's children and he loves us all unconditionally. If this is true (which I believe it to be) then I am worthy of that love. You are all worthy of love and greatness. Grasp that. Use it. Put it on your list.

     You cannot fully understand and help others when you have not embraced yourself. Some of us believe we are too goofy, too serious or too geeky. Stop. If that is who you are, you should not apologize for it. Someone out there was drawn to you for the very same quality you are insecure about.

     Stop hiding behind what you think others will think or feel about you or some weird trait you have. If everyone was the same, we'd all die of boredom. Be you no matter what the cost. If people don't like it, that's unfortunate for them.

     You are not the mistakes you've made. Forgive yourself and move on. If you can't move on because one of those mistakes involved another person and it never got addressed... Address it! Ask for forgiveness from that person and forgive yourself regardless of the response. Give yourself and others grace.

     I did not mean to turn today's blog into a soap box or a rant, but it looks as though that has happened. Tell me your thoughts, and again let me know how your lists are coming along. I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment