Popular Posts

Translate

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Be You

     Hi everyone, I hope you are having an awesome week. I also hope that some of you have made your lists!

     Part of being an Image Consultant, is being more aware of fashion trends. This sometimes means that I have to pick up a magazine even though I don't ordinarily read them.

     I never realized how gossipy and terrible the tabloids can be. I picked up a People Magazine and they have an entire article in there on what the "Fashion Police" have to say about what people wear. Who cares? If that person picked that out and wanted to wear it, then why are we judging them?

     If anyone is interested in looking at a magazine for actual fashion purposes, I would suggest Vogue, Marie Clair, and Harper's Bazaar. I'm sure there are more, but these are my personal favorites.

     What I think is funny, is that if an individual wears their own thing long enough, it will become a trend. That is how fashion works. It surprisingly comes from individuals that make a statement.

     March to the beat of your own drum. One of my favorite things said among my friends is this, "You can only ever be a second class someone else, but a first class you."

     I really wish I could find all of my old pictures of me as a teenager so you could see the evolution with my fashion sense and makeup abilities.

     Here is a 6 year old me. Happy in my element. Check out my rockin' snow boots and my over-sized kitty and flower sweater.

     Be as oblivious as a 6 year old. I had no clue that my get up wasn't fashionable, but look how happy I am! Be comfortable being you. I know this can take a lot of work, because I was so insecure for so many years.

     I was bullied and made fun of. If you can relate, then I am sorry, because it is an awful feeling and it really does take a toll on one's self esteem. Surround yourself with people who love you for who you are.

     "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than you!"
-Dr. Seuss

Also, check out my new youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nBjYdmD72I

No comments:

Post a Comment