Popular Posts

Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Stop Comparing (Part 2)

     Hi everyone! I thought I would do a continuation of Tuesday's blog. 

     Comparisons aren't always physical. Sometimes we choose to focus on someone else's skills. "I wish I could be as assertive as so and so" is just as dangerous for your self esteem. Every single one of us has a skill or two that was learned, worked at, and more or less perfected. 

     I know people who were timid and abused their whole lives, and then decided to change it. Sometimes your circumstances and events in your life push you to do things you didn't know you could do, and then you become really good at those things. Then there are people who were maybe born with those skills. I have been loud and outspoken my whole life, but I also understand that  it is partly personality and less of a learned skill. I still struggle with what not to say.

     Please please please make the list I mentioned if you struggle with your own worth. I can't stress enough how much this simple task did for my self image.

     I know this was short, but I felt that I really needed to add this to my earlier blog. Have yourselves a fabulous weekend. :)



     

No comments:

Post a Comment