Popular Posts

Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

Starting Over Sucks

     Hey all! I hope you all had fantastic weekends. I had a very productive one that involved new furniture and ordering more furniture. Very exciting!

     On Sunday, my husband and I picked up his parents from the airport. Remember my brother and his family who moved away? My in-laws drove cross country with them, and then flew back. It's really starting to settle in that they are not here anymore. We got to hear fun stories of how the kids are adapting and fun adventures along the way.

     Although it was nice to get updated on everything going on, it made me feel sad all over again. Not only did I not get to experience those things with them, but hearing about it actually made them feel further away. I don't know if that makes sense. My sister in-law was very good about posting pictures along the way, and it made me feel like I was right there with them. But now that the trip is over, it's almost as though I am processing the information for the first time. They are gone.

     I'm really not trying to make this post a downer. I want to be open and honest with my readers and truly share my life.

     On a brighter note (kind of...) my husband and I started with a new gym, and had our first workout in a couple months (ouch). I have realized that starting over is not worth it. Starting over hurts, it's often uncomfortable, and harder than it was the last time. Why do I keep starting over? If I could just stop quitting, starting over would not be an issue.

     Starting over for me is a complete reset. For some reason, when I let my exercise go, for whatever reason, my healthy eating habits go with them. Without going into too much detail, I have a few (like more than 2) digestive conditions that cause me to have to be a little careful with what I eat. Regardless of physical pain and discomfort, the past 2 months have involved me eating whatever I want and not thinking twice.

     Time to reset goals and remind myself of why this is important. I want to be healthy and live a long and full life. I have quite a few obstacles to overcome being that I am only 27 and have health challenges as well as past injuries that like to remind me that they are there. My husband and I do not plan on having children, so we would really like to stay present in our nephews and nieces lives. In order to do this, we need to be at our best. So! It is back to a somewhat strictly primal lifestyle of eating for me and a more active lifestyle for my husband who works an office job.

     I challenge all of you to reset goals, or maybe even make new ones. As much as I hate starting over, it's nice to have reminders of how wonderful life is, and how you can enjoy it so much better when you are healthy. Start over as many times as it takes to start healthy habits, and don't beat yourself up when you "fall off the wagon". It's so small in the grand scheme of things.

      I plan on doing some Fall shopping this week, and hopefully I will have some haul pictures for you this Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment